Home appliances like iron are regularly used at every home but they are most neglected when it comes to regular cleaning and maintenance. With continuous usage, the iron gradually turns darker on the base which can cause damage to your clothes. Burnt iron needs cleaning to protect further damage. Here are some of the best tricks for how to clean an iron plate when burnt.
- 1 How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Vinegar
- 2 How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Toothpaste
- 3 How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Coarse Salt
- 4 How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Baking Soda and White Vinegar
- 5 How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Detergent
- 6 How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Candle Wax
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Vinegar
White Vinegar is an excellent household cleaning agent is used to remove stains from home appliances like burnt iron. The acidic compounds of vinegar help to clean and regain original shine to the surface.
- Take a small amount of vinegar and heat it.
- Now rub it on the burnt iron using sponge or cloth.
- Rub the burnt area of the iron plate until it cleans. Clean it with a paper towel.
- The vinegar smell will vanish in a few minutes.
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Toothpaste
Toothpaste can be very useful to clean your burnt iron. It can remove dark spots from iron and give it a spotless look.
- Apply toothpaste on the burnt iron plate and rub it with a clean cloth.
- Now turn on the steam for five minutes.
- Polish the bottom of the warm iron with a cloth.
- Remove toothpaste remaining using a clean cloth.
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Coarse Salt
Salt is used in countless cleaning remedies to remove dirt and stains from home appliances.
- Cover a piece of newspaper with a generous amount of salt.
- Now warm the iron and rub it with paper from front to back so that the stains disappear.The burnt stains from the iron will be drawn in the newspaper. Wide the iron plate with a neat cloth to enjoy new iron.
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Lime and Baking Soda
The properties of baking soda with lime are excellent for burnt iron cleaning. Combine they remove the substances that have stained iron.
- Take a lime and squeeze juice from it. Now mix it with a small amount of baking soda.
- Rub the paste on the cold iron. Let the paste sit for at least five minutes.
- Heat the iron few several minutes to let it dry and remove excess with a damp cloth.
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Baking Soda and White Vinegar
The combination of white vinegar and baking soda is perhaps the most used home remedies for cleaning. The reaction between these two removes stains and give your appliances an entirely new look. Don’t apply on a hot iron plate.
- Mix the same amount of water and white vinegar together.
- Now dip a cloth in the solution and then sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the burnt iron.
- Rub the iron with a damp cloth. Use circular motions to help effective cleaning.
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Detergent
Laundry detergent is another effective cleaning agent for burnt iron with non-stick coating.
Combine warm water and detergent to form a cleaning mixture. Dip a cloth in the solution and rub it on the burnt iron plate.
How to Clean Iron Plate when Burnt using Candle Wax
Candle wax is another effective way of cleaning burnt iron plate. The substance has the ability to remove stubborn stains and give the iron plate a new and clean look.
- Turn on your burnt iron and rub candle on the stained area. Make sure that it stays at the decent temperature when you wipe off the candle wax using a soft cloth.
- Apply a little amount of vinegar if the stain remains. Clean it with paper towel or cloth.