A carburetor is the heart of the leaf blower that boosts the performance of the machine. It ensures the ratio of air and fuel is good enough for the engine to operate. It is essential to maintain the carburetor of the leaf blower for the best possible performance. Therefore, it is necessary to clean the leaf blower carburetor to enjoy optimum performance for a long time. Let’s take a look at the most effective and easy way to clean a leaf blower carburetor.
Before starting the cleaning process, it is essential to detach the carburetor from your leaf blower. All you need is to follow these easy steps to remove them without hassle.
- Pour the fuel from the fuel tank into a container.
- Remove the spark plug wire to avoid possible accidents.
- Don’t forget to dismount the screws on the air filter cover to comfortably remove it.
- Also, dismount the screws on the carburetor to remove it.
- Remove and detach the airbox from the carburetor throttle and choke levers.
- Lastly, detach the fuel lines from the carburetor to remove them entirely from the leaf blower.
Clean Leaf Blower Carburetor
After removing the carburetor from the leaf blower, now it’s time to clean it. Use an aerosol carburetor to clean the carburetor. Thoroughly clean all the jets and ports on it. To get good results, clean the ports for several minutes.
Now, give the carburetor proper time to dry. You can use a cleaning rag for drying it. Make sure to protect the diaphragms from possible damages. Always use a safe carburetor cleaner for the purpose of avoiding damages. Also, the damages may occur when the carburetor is reconstructed before proper drying. You can also use compressed air to clean a carburetor.
Reconstruct the Carburetor
Once the carburetor is appropriately cleaned, it’s time to reconstruct it before reinstallation. Install all the components of the carburetor at the particular where they were located. For instance, fix the needle and level using screws on the bottom of the carburetor.
The last thing you can do is to integrate the carburetor into the leaf blower. Simply follow these steps to reinstall the carburetor in your leaf blower.
- Attach the fuel lines properly.
- Put back the carburetor into the airbox.
- Place the carburetor on the engine and adequately mount screws to hold it.
- Last but not least, reinstall the spark plug wire.
Carburetor cleaning is very important to enjoy the best result from your leaf blower. If you are using it regularly, then it is recommended to clean the leaf blower carburetor once a month. Never use powerful cleaners because they may result in damaging the components. Don’t reconstruct the carburetor without drying it properly. The best cordless leaf blower is meant to keep your lawn clean and let you enjoy nature at its best. Therefore, it is essential to take care of your leaf blower and clean the carburetor for the best possible performance.