Glass doors, windows, and other glass surfaces usually get affected during spray painting. Spray Paint is adamant about removing it from any surface, especially when it is glass. When paint gets dried, one can’t simply remove it with a rag or water. It is even more difficult if graffiti is sprayed on the glass. Typical paint removers don’t work on the dried paint. Here are some practical and easy ways for how to remove spray paint from glass.
Best Way To Remove Spray Paint from Glass – Graffiti Special
If your home or office windows are vandalized by teenagers with spray paint cans, you can remove spray paint easily without calling a professional. A product named SoSafe is available in various color-coded formulas made specially to work on different surface materials. Here is a cleaning method for how to remove spray paint from glass using SoSafe.
You need the following materials to clean spray paint from glass.
- Microfiber cleaning rags
- Rubber gloves
- Scouring pad
- Safety glasses
- Spray SoSafe cleaner gently on the graffiti tag while wearing safety glasses and rubber gloves.
- Let the cleaner sit for at least two minutes.
- Scrub the marks using a scouring pad lightly.
- Now wet the cleaning rag in a water bucket and then wring it out.
- Wipe away the cleaner and the dissolved paint.
How to Remove Spray Paint from Glass- Mirror Cleaning
One of the best ways to give your old mirror an entirely new look is by painting its frame. You can do it in a few minutes with the help of spray paint. Often it happens that spray paint seeps under the applied tape or paper for protection. You can remove paint from glass or mirror with the help of the following home remedies.
You need the following material for the cleaning process.
- Nail Polish Remove (with acetone)
- Rubber Gloves
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- Wear rubber gloves and wet a microfiber cleaning with a nail polish remover.
- Now hold the wet cloth against the spray paint on the glass or mirror to loosen the bond. When the paint begins to soften, scrub it away using the fabric.
- Now take a new cloth dampened with water and wipe away the nail polish remover.
How to Remove Spray Paint from Glass- Chemical-Free Method
If you are looking to remove spray paint from a glass with a chemical-free method, you can use household items such as white vinegar for this purpose. Use soapy water to lubricate the glass first to prevent scratches. It is useful to remove large, painted commercial displays.
Here are materials you need to remove spray paint from a glass with vinegar.
- White Vinegar
- Liquid dish soap
- Thick rubber gloves
- Plastic trap
- Water Bucket
- Glass measuring cup
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Old Towels
- Plastic trap
- Window squeegee (rubber blade)
- Window scraper (razor blade)
- Put the plastic trap underneath the cleaning windows. Secure the wood sill by laying a fry towel along with the window bottom frame.
- Now pour a cup of white vinegar into a glass measuring cup. Use a microwave to boil it.
- Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands from heat. Now take a cleaning cloth and dip it into hot vinegar. Press the rag against the spray paint spots and vigorously rub to remove it.
- Add a decent amount of dish soap to a bucket of water.
- Use a microfiber mop or a cleaning cloth to apply soapy water to the window. Wait for five minutes and then reapply with more soapy water.
- Now take the scrapper and push the blade forward. Lift it from the glass when you have completed the stroke. If you hear any gritty sound, stop immediately as it indicates a dull or broken blade. If it happens, replace it with a new blade.
- Keep the blade at 30 to 45 angles from the window frame and clean the remaining frame.
- If the small paint pieces remain on the glass, use fine steel wool to remove them. You can do it with soapy water and steel wool.
- Don’t use the blade on the dry surface because you will surely scratch the dry surface with the blade. Always use the blade on the wet glass surface to avoid scratches.
- Rinses with soapy water and, with the help of a squeegee, remove the cleaning solution.
You can use fine steel wool to remove spray paint from glass craft objects like vases, jars, or bowls. It can quickly be done over a disposable plastic container full of warm soapy water. After removing the paint, place a container safely to let the water evaporate before discarding the container. Also, check out how to clean a waffle maker without using any commercial cleaner.
Now it’s your choice which method you prefer for how to remove paint from the glass. But be careful to test materials in an inconspicuous area to prevent any damages.