Do you know the pain of a burnt frying pan? As you start to scrub out the next pot, you register the fact that you have burnt the thing to a crisp. Various effective home remedies can help you to remove stubborn burnt pan marks.
Do you want to know how to clean a burnt pan with coke at home? Let’s take a look at this effective home remedy to clean a burnt pan with coke.
Causes of Burnt Marks And Scorched Pan
Following are the three top causes of the burnt pan:
- The first reason for burning pan is that the pan is of low-quality material that does not heat as evenly, and the pans burn quickly as a result.
- Second, the pans are without nonstick coatings due to which food gets stuck to the pan quite quickly.
- Third, if you do not wipe your pan before each use and if the attached Grimes come in direct contact with stove burner, then they could end up burning onto the outside of the pan.
Well, you do not need to fret! You can remove rubber gloves and give rest to exhausted arms. You can use items that you already have in your kitchen to help loosen the mess. One of the things you can use is Coca-Cola. Yes, coke contains acid that can remove the scorch marks without further harm the cookware. It is a solution that is easy, chemical-free, reduces your scrubbing time in half and lets you keep your pan. Hurray!
Best Way To Clean a Burnt Pan with Coke
You will need:
- Plastic scrubber
- Plastic or wooden scraper
Follow the following steps to clean a burnt pan with coke.
Fill the pan with Coca-Cola
Take your burnt pan, and add a sufficient amount of coke to cover all of the scorched areas. Now add two to three inches of additional coke to the pan as some of evaporates in the heating process.
Make sure to dry off the bottom of the pan after filling it with coke. You do not need to put it on the stove if there are drops of coke that may fall onto the stove.
Bring to a boil
After filling the burnt pan with coke, place it on the stove. Turn the heat up to high, and bring it to boil. Allow it to set in the pan for a few hours, or until the food is loosened.
Make sure to boil it, not just simmer it. You will know that it is boiling when you see large bubbles rising from the bottom of the pan, and it is giving off nearly continuous steam.
Use a scraper to remove as much of the residue as possible. You can use a plastic or wooden scraper. It would be easy to scrape it since the heat loosened the burnt food, and the Coke is acidic in nature. Therefore, it will not be hard to scrape it off.
Cool and scrub the pan
After y have boiled the contents of the pan, remove it from the heat. Allow it to cool completely for half an hour. Discard the content– you will likely notice that the pan already looks a little cleaner. Next, scrub it to remove the burnt film and debris.
You may need to use a type of scrubbing tool to remove all of the scorch marks. Steel wool pads are efficient, but they often scratch the bottom of the pan, which may cause further harm. Sponges covered with plastic netting are an ideal substitute because they help scrub away scorch marks without scratching your pan.
This is how you can use coke to clean the burnt food in your pan or pots. However, coke is not the only way to clean the burnt food off your pans. Lemons, salts, baking soda, vinegar, water are few of the methods to remove the burnt marks. Take a look at how to clean a burnt pan with salt and how to clean burnt pan with dryer sheet.
Stubborn Stain Removing Remedy
If there are super stubborn marks that don’t come off with scouring, try a paste of baking soda with a couple of drops of water. Now leave the paste on the marks for a while and return to clean as normal.
- Before trying any cleaning method on a scorched pan, it is a wise idea to soak it in hot water to loosen up the debris. Let the water sit in the pan for at least half an hour (overnight is best).
- The baking soda, vinegar, and oven cleaner methods are decent for stainless steel pans, but not for anodized aluminum or Teflon-coated cookware.
- You should only handwash an anodized aluminum pan with hot water and dish soap.
- Try cleaning a scorched Teflon pan in the dishwasher, which is safe for that type of cookware.
How to Prevent Pan from Burning
You can prevent the pan from burning in several ways.
- Use high-quality pans that are made of high-quality material.
- Search for the pan having nonstick coatings to avoid food sticking.
- Pour enough oil into the pan first before start cooking as this provides a sort of nonstick coating.
- Constantly stirring of food is essential as if the food sits in one spot too long, the side that faces the metal is more likely to burn and thus leave a burnt residue.
- Also, rotate your pan while cooking so that food does not sit in one spot too long.
Hope now you can easily understand how to clean a burnt pan with coke and remove stubborn marks from it.