How to Clean a Burnt Pan with Coke- 2 Easy and Quick Ways
Do you know the pain of a burnt frying pan? As you scrub out the next pot, you register that you have burnt the thing to a crisp. You can also use Coke in various effective home remedies to help you remove stubborn burnt ceramic pan marks. What if I tell you there is a cost-effective and helpful home remedy to clean a burnt pan? Yes, you can easily clean a burnt pan with Coke. Do you want to know how to clean a burnt pan with Coke at home? Look at this effective home remedy to clean your burnt pan with Coke.
Causes of Burnt Marks And Scorched Pan
Following are the three top causes of the burnt pan:
- The first reason for burning the pan is that the pan is low-quality material that does not heat as evenly, and the pans burn quickly.
- Second, the pans are without nonstick coatings, so food gets quickly stuck to the pan.
- Third, if you do not wipe your pan before each use and the attached Grimes come in direct contact with the stove burner, they could burn onto the outside.
Well, you do not need to fret! You can remove rubber gloves and give rest to bare arms. You can use items in your kitchen to help loosen the mess. One of the things you can use is Coca-Cola. Yes, Coke contains acid that can remove the scorch marks without further harm to the cookware. It is an easy, chemical-free solution, reduces your scrubbing time in half, and lets you keep your pan. Hurray!
How to Clean a Burnt Pan with Coke
You will need the following:
- Plastic scrubber
- Plastic or wooden scraper
Follow the following steps to clean a burnt pan with Coke.
Fill the pan with Coca-Cola.
Take your burnt pan, and add enough Coke to cover all the scorched areas. Add two to three inches of additional Coke to the pan as some evaporate in the heating process.
Dry off the bottom of the pan after filling it with Coke. You do not need to put it on the stove if drops of Coke may fall onto the stove.
Bring to a boil
After filling the burnt pan with Coke, place it on the stove. Turn the heat up to high, and bring it to a boil. Allow it to set in the pan for a few hours or until the food is loosened.
Make sure to boil it, not just simmer it. You will know it is burning when you see large bubbles rising from the bottom of the pan, giving off a nearly continuous stream.
Use a scraper to remove as much of the residue as possible. You can use a plastic or wooden scraper. It would be easy to scrape it since the heat loosened the burnt food, and Coke is naturally acidic. Therefore, it will not be hard to scrape it off.
Cool and scrub the pan.
After y have boiled the contents of the pan, remove it from the heat. Allow it to cool completely for half an hour. Discard the content– you will likely notice that the pan already looks a little cleaner. Next, scrub it to remove the burnt film and debris. Take a look if you want to clean the outside bottom of the burnt pan.
You may need to use a scrubbing tool to remove all the scorch marks. Steel wool pads are efficient, but they often scratch the bottom of the pan, which may cause further harm. Sponges covered with plastic netting are an ideal substitute because they help scrub away scorch marks without scratching your pan.
You can use Coke to clean the burnt food in your pan or pots. However, Coke is not the only way to clean burnt food off your pans. Lemons, salts, baking soda, vinegar, and water are a few methods to remove the burnt marks. Look at cleaning a burnt pan with salt and cleaning a burnt pan with a dryer sheet.
The Stubborn Stain Removing Remedy for Burnt Pan
If super stubborn marks don’t come off with scouring, try a baking soda paste with a couple of drops of water. Leave the paste on the effects and return to clean as usual.
- Before cleaning a scorched pan, it is wise to soak it in hot water to loosen up the debris. Let the water sit in the pan for at least half an hour (overnight is best).
- The baking soda, vinegar, and oven cleaner methods are decent for stainless steel pans but not for anodized aluminum or Teflon-coated cookware.
- You should only handwash an anodized aluminum pan or cast iron pan with hot water and dish soap.
- Try cleaning a scorched Teflon pan in the dishwasher, which is safe for that cookware.
How to Prevent Pan from Burning
Most people don’t know about common pan mistakes. You can prevent the pan from burning in several ways.
- Use high-quality pans that are made of high-quality material.
- Search for a pan having nonstick coatings to avoid food sticking.
- Pour enough oil into the pan before starting cooking, as this provides a nonstick coating.
- Constantly stirring food is essential as if the food sits in one spot too long, the side that faces the metal is more likely to burn and thus leave a burnt residue.
- Also, rotate your pan while cooking food in an electric smoker so that food does not sit in one spot too long.
I hope you understand how to clean a burnt pan with Coke and remove stubborn marks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does Coca-Cola clean burnt pans?
Yes, you can easily clean burnt pans with Coca-Cola. Fill the burnt pan with coke, and all it soak for some time. Remove the coke, scrub the burnt pan stains, and clean it with water.
How do I get the black stuff off my burnt pan?
Baking soda and vinegar are the best ingredients to remove the black stuff from your burnt pan. Put white vinegar in the pan and boil it for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove and add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. The cleaning solution will fizz and loosen the stubborn black stains from your burnt pan.